Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hashtags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57dzaMaouXA

(click on this link before you read this blog! It will open the doors of social media reality - not really, but it will, seriously #word #JT #Fallon #Latenight)

When I first heard about Twitter I thought it was stupid #forreal

Everyone talking about their "peeps" sounded stupid #realtalk

I had Facebook and Myspace and life was good #Ididn'tknowthenwhatIknownow

But slowly the power of the dark side drew me in #youdon'tknowthepowerofthedarkside #theforce #darthvader #starwarsrocks #epic #spoileralertvaderisluke'sfather #spoileralert2lukeandleiaarebrotherandsister

Twitter was faster, easier to use, and forced me to think about what I was going to post because I only had 140 characters #ifeeltheneedforspeed #topgun #tomcruiseisascientologist #thatsucks #ineverreadsuperlongfacebooksposts

As I began to use Twitter I discovered hashtags #hashtags

Hashtags allow you to connect with other people on Twitter who are talking (technically tweeting) about the same thing that you are #community #greattvshow #thislastseasonhasn'tbeenverygood #imho

Hashtags do NOT belong in the real world (as evidenced by the great video at the top of the blog) and this blog is NOT a study on how to use them correctly #doasIsaynotasIdo #sarcasticblog

Hashtags do not belong on Facebook (unless your Twitter account automatically links to Facebook) #ifyouonlyhaveFacebookpleasestopusinghashtags

So please use hashtags responsibly #withgreatpowercomesgreatresponsibility #spiderman #greatmovie #tobymcguire

Like me #me #likeme #Tim #word









No comments:

Post a Comment