Thursday, October 10, 2013

far away dad

I wonder if this is how God feels?  Far away and disconnected from his children.  
I love that Skype and email and phone calls keep me as connected as I am to my family, but it isn't the same as being there.  There are days when I feel very disconnected to what is going on in their lives. Like today.  I wonder if after this year of separation, they won't really remember what it is like to live with their dad.  I wonder if they will have grown and developed so much that it will feel awkward to be living in the same house again and attempting to readapt to life with dad around again. They are in their mid to late teens and they are becoming adults without me around to guide them.  They are learning to make choices and decisions without the ability, or perhaps the need, to ask for my input or insight.  
Ya, I wonder if this is how God feels.    

No comments:

Post a Comment