Thursday, August 1, 2013

1 month to go

I begin my new job on Sept 1. I have one month left with my family until the new journey begins. I know we should be packing and labeling and contacting moving companies and doing all those types of things, but last night I just wanted to watch a movie with my kids and they wanted to watch one with me too. So we watched King Arthur and afterwards sat around and debated how much of it might actually be accurate or at least more accurate than the legend. Afterwards Jo and I read the first chapter of Andy Stanley's book "Enemies of the Heart". We are going to read together over Skype once I am in Vegas. We still have no idea exactly how all of this will work or where I will live when I get down there. Jo and the kids will live with my folks in Edmonton and the kids will go to school there while they wait for their visas. I'm hoping to find a house sitting situation or perhaps someone who has an in-law suite they aren't using - somewhere I can live and save money to pay for the visa process. It is expensive. One more week of work. A few days of family vacation in Vancouver. Packing up the house. Moving the family to Edmonton. Driving to Vegas. That will be August.

No comments:

Post a Comment